By Gerard O'Regan
Read Online or Download A Brief History of Computing PDF
Similar history & philosophy on science & nature books
Making feel of Evolution explores modern evolutionary biology, targeting the weather of theories—selection, variation, and species—that are advanced and open to a number of attainable interpretations, lots of that are incompatible with each other and with different accredited practices within the self-discipline.
This paintings is a private account of the origins and early years of the Salk Institute for organic experiences. Bourgeois crafts an interesting examine that attracts on her involvement with the Institute and on comparable data, interviews, and casual conversations. the quantity discusses the folks who based the Institute and equipped a house for popular research—leading scientists of the time in addition to non-scientists of stature in finance, politics, philanthropy, publishing, and the arts.
Universally well-known as bringing a couple of progressive transformation of the notions of house, time, and movement in physics, Einstein's idea of gravitation, often called "general relativity," was once additionally a defining occasion for twentieth century philosophy of technology. throughout the decisive first ten years of the theory's lifestyles, major traits ruled its philosophical reception.
In 1991, while Randell turbines proposed a brand new technique to extract power from hydrogen, few believed it attainable. It took 25 years of analysis to discover a brand new box of chemistry made attainable by way of a brand new form of atom: the hydrino. Now, generators and his corporation exceptional mild energy stand near to commercializing an explosive new strength resource that may convey an finish to the period of fossil fuels.
- Eppur si muove: Doing History and Philosophy of Science with Peter Machamer: A Collection of Essays in Honor of Peter Machamer (The Western Ontario Series in Philosophy of Science)
- The Alchemy of Empire: Abject Materials and the Technologies of Colonialism
- The Lazy Universe: An Introduction to the Principle of Least Action
- Making Cancer History: Disease and Discovery at the University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center: Disease and Discovery at the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
- History of Technology Volume 28
- Science and Mind
Additional info for A Brief History of Computing
A Brief History of Computing by Gerard O'Regan