By Cyrus Cornelius Adams
This booklet is a duplicate of the unique ebook released in 1919 and will have a few imperfections comparable to marks or hand-written notes.
Read Online or Download An Elementary Commercial Geography PDF
Best history & philosophy on science & nature books
Making feel of Evolution explores modern evolutionary biology, targeting the weather of theories—selection, variation, and species—that are advanced and open to a number of attainable interpretations, a lot of that are incompatible with each other and with different accredited practices within the self-discipline.
This paintings is a private account of the origins and early years of the Salk Institute for organic experiences. Bourgeois crafts an interesting learn that pulls on her involvement with the Institute and on comparable data, interviews, and casual conversations. the quantity discusses the folks who based the Institute and equipped a house for popular research—leading scientists of the time in addition to non-scientists of stature in finance, politics, philanthropy, publishing, and the arts.
Universally well-known as bringing a couple of progressive transformation of the notions of house, time, and movement in physics, Einstein's concept of gravitation, referred to as "general relativity," used to be additionally a defining occasion for twentieth century philosophy of technology. in the course of the decisive first ten years of the theory's lifestyles, major developments ruled its philosophical reception.
In 1991, whilst Randell turbines proposed a brand new strategy to extract power from hydrogen, few believed it attainable. It took 25 years of study to discover a brand new box of chemistry made attainable via a brand new type of atom: the hydrino. Now, generators and his corporation impressive mild strength stand on the point of commercializing an explosive new strength resource which can convey an finish to the period of fossil fuels.
- Ab?’l-Barak?t al-Baghd?d?’s Scientific Philosophy: The Kit?b al-Mu‘tabar (Routledge Jewish Studies Series)
- The Mosquito Crusades: A History of the American Anti-Mosquito Movement from the Reed Commission to the First Earth Day (Studies in Modern Science, Technology, and the Environment)
- Communities of Science in Nineteenth-Century Ireland (Sci & Culture in the Nineteenth Century)
- G.W. Leibniz, Interrelations between Mathematics and Philosophy (Archimedes)
- Environmental Ethics: From Theory to Practice
- Local Knowledge (Text Only)
Extra info for An Elementary Commercial Geography
An Elementary Commercial Geography by Cyrus Cornelius Adams